Update day: 31-10-2023
Job type: Full-time
Job contentWallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy in the electric vehicle industry. We create smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Wallbox offers a complete portfolio of charging and energy management solutions for residential and semi-public use in more than 60 countries and soon will begin commercializing public charging solutions as well.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 600 Wallboxers from over 40 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Ready to change the world with us?
About The Role
Wallbox is looking for a Lead Buyer/Project Buyer for the new BU of Accessories (complete portfolio of charging and energy management solutions), for ensuring that the organization selects the most appropriate suppliers, for the achievement of the economic, quality and service objectives, and to manage all assigned suppliers and lead all purchasing activities for the projects we develop.
- In dependence of Purchasing Director, and Indirect Purchasing Manager, is responsible of negotiation of the cost, terms, quality, technology and delivery with the suppliers.
- As a Buyer manages the supplier performance, identify risks and develop/implement strategic buying plans to assure fulfillment of business objectives (develop, promote, globalize, replace or reduce supplier panel size), providing quantifiable achievements and monitorization of scores.
- As a Project Buyer is an active member of the Project team during Development. Main role is to coordinate with Engineering and Project Management, all assigned suppliers and lead all purchasing activities across functions and departments. The Project Buyer goals are aligned with Project goals and are monitored weekly with the Purchasing Director and the Project Manager.
- Support R&D with prototypes and pre-serial sourcing commercial negotiations.
- Defines and controls communication flows and contents between project teams and suppliers.
- Manages ongoing communications with suppliers and resolve issues using the escalation matrix.
- Leads all supplier communications for Engineering changes, minimizing cost impact, and coordinating timing and samples with Project team, and Operations Team.
- Identifies, propose and implement changes to improve buying or procurement procedures, global sourcing process.
- Is responsible of understanding the use of the supply chain knowledge to contribute to his optimization together with Logistics Department and Supplier.
- Keep up to date with legislation and environmental standards and make sure systems and processes compliance.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and quality issues.
- Accountable for the end-to-end contract management process and contract negotiation. Support in the implementation of Energy and Utilities contracts.
- Set Up KPI and analyze KPI reports to implement improvements.
- Degree in Engineering or Business Administration/Economics/International ideally environmental engineering and/or renewable or sustainable energy.
- Proven purchasing experience of minimum 3-5 years in similar position (purchasing of Electrical/Electronics components; Energy management solutions, Energy and utility, power and energy infrastructure, Smart Energy and Low Carbon Technologies such as solar energy, demand response, grid flexibility services, V2H and V2G is a must)
- Must fully understand customer needs, keeping up to date with market knowledge (especially in IoT, communication systems & protocols) and trends and reacting to changes as key elements of the role. Being able to maximize profits and provide solid contracts with suppliers at competitive prices.
- Strong knowledge of RF(x) procurement processes.
- High negotiation and organizational abilities
- Cost saving and results oriented.
- Strong analytical with strong proven problem-solving abilities
- Initiative and the ability to recognize emerging problems and proactively develop solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work in a cross-functional team
- ERP system experience as Oracle, SAP, Dynamics and/or P2P Software.
- Knowledge in Communication system & network (ideally as Narrowband or LoRa)
- Advanced English, ideally one other European language (German, French, Spanish or Italian)
- Leadership skills, ability to focus and results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project milestones
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Computer literate, include advanced Excel skill
- Open minded
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Good understanding of financial analysis and cost modeling.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Commercially and financially aware
- Knowledge of the IATF16949 Quality standards and APQP system.
- Experience in the Renewable Energy / Utilities Management sector. Knowledge of relevant legislation surrounding energy efficiency and carbon emissions
- Other Profile who has a background in public relation, renewable energy, low carbon technologies or electromobility sectors could be suitable to this position.
- Develop technical expertise in all matters to do with energy and environmental control.
- General understanding of the energy market.
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after one month of being in the company.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Friday afternoons off.
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request).
- Unlimited coffee & beverages.
- Language classes (English & Spanish).
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened.
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events.
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price.
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca.
- Over 35 different nationalities.
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween.
- At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Tres Cantos, Madrid
💸 De 18.000 € a 20.000 € al año⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Quart de Poblet, Valencia
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Móstoles, Madrid
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Murcia city, Murcia
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Bilbao, Vizcaya
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Ronda, Málaga
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Badajoz city, Badajoz
💸 1.020 € al mes⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Madrid city, Madrid