Update day: 07-11-2023
Category: Accounting / Auditing
Head Group Tax Operations leads CoE’s in several jurisdictions as well as in-country tax experts in a broad range of tax matters, while collaboratively working with other stakeholders (mainly FRA Ops) to ensure that the Sandoz operates globally in an efficient, effective and compliant manner.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Build and lead a global tax operations function identifying complex problems, driving results and establishing efficient best practices.
- Lead strategy and roadmap for tax operations function in alignment with other teams and functions, especially in close alignment with FRA Ops.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual consolidated income tax provision and financial reporting under IFRS ensuring completeness and accuracy incl. independent risk analysis and sustainability of various tax positions taken as well as contribution to the forecast of the effective tax rate.
- Monitor the tax landscape and assist with the ongoing analysis of tax positions and internal controls to identify and address potential tax burdens and risks.
- Manage team of tax professionals; provide leadership, coaching and establish team objectives. Inspire velocity in self and others to achieve results that accelerate functional impact.
- Influence and collaborate with key cross-functional partners and leadership in Accounting, Finance, Legal and Business teams.
- Timely implement Group Tax related Strategies, Policies & Processes and lead of initiatives related to enhancements to processes, workflow, documentation, and collaboration, i.e. reduction of reporting time through efficient use of technology
- Innovation, including adoption of technology solutions and associated training
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Education: Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration / Economics with focus on International Taxation or Law with focus on International Tax Law. Tax advisor examination is a plus.
- Minimum 12 years of work experience is required, in a combination of Big 4 and industry experience incl. 2-3 years in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge and experience in international tax is a must
- Experience in managing and leading a functional team in a high-pressure, fast-paced and demanding environment
- Strong commercial focus.
- Ability to develop in the role as the business grows.
- Hard working and dedicated: Eager to take on new responsibilities and improve professionally.
- Fluency in written and oral English is a must. Fluency in German will be highly valued.
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2020 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
Join our Novartis Network : If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
💸 De 30.000 € a 35.000 € al año⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Alcobendas, Madrid
💸 Hasta 26.000 € al año⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid
💸 30.000 € al año⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid