Logistics Freight Settlement Specialist
Update day: 15-05-2023
Category: Executive management Production / Operation
Industry: Paint Coating Adhesive Manufacturing
Position: Entry level
Job type: Contract
Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by investing in its innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customer’s products - whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colorful finishes . We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions to over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability goals, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.
As a Logistic Freight Settlement specialist, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Reporting & Analysis
- Weekly tracking of inbound service levels on carriers using the Freight Audit system. Collect, analyzing and distribute weekly/monthly reports to all appropriate parties so we can proactively fix issues with repetitive offenders.
- Management of invoicing process inside and outside the Freight Audit system to ensure that integrity and accuracy is complete and correct to see if there are any outstanding issues to report.
- Update and maintain various agreements and tables within our Freight Audit system platform to ensure freight accrual accuracy.
- Monitor and provide monthly reports on cost to serve and issues pending to be solved.
- Monitor inbound performance and develop reporting and analytics to support profitable decision making. Provide information and analysis to assess lanes for opportunities.
- Process Improvement Implementation: Integrate continuous improvement work to support overall business strategies.
- Prepare and monitor freight payment metrics
- Resolution of Issues
- Work hand in hand with direct reports in contract maintenance, claims and accounting, to address any issues as they arise.
- Work with 3rd party freight payables service provider and internal Account’s Payables team as necessary to ensure efficient auditing, processing, and payment of vendor invoices.
- Support General Ledger team during month end closing in case any issue arises.
- Associate Degree in Accounting, other finance related or Business Administration
- 2 – 4 years of professional experience in accounting, logistics or transport, purchasing or similar area
- SAP and Freight Audit system environment knowledge will be an asset
- Knowledge of logistics operations is preferred but not mandatory
- Fluent spoken and written English is a must. German will be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (mainly Excel).
- Experience with audits.
- Strong analytical skills with emphasis on identifying and steering escalation.
- Be proactive.
- Be able to drive calls and meetings independently.
- Strive for continuous improvement on existing processes and question and adapt own working methods.
- Flexible when dealing with changes.
- Work independently and in a team.
- Team spirit and ability to work under pressure.
Please note that Axalta Coating Systems will not accept any candidate profiles sent unrequested and unsolicited by recruiting agencies. Axalta Coating Systems collaborates with preferred providers based on framework agreements and will not pay any fees to recruiting agencies without an agreement. Should Axalta Coating Systems receive a candidate profile form a recruiting agency with which there is no framework agreement, and should the respective candidate be considered or hire, this will not entitle the recruiting agency to claim payment or fees.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 07-06-2023🌏 Oviedo, Asturias
⏰ 05-06-2023🌏 Gijón, Asturias
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Gijón, Asturias
⏰ 05-06-2023🌏 Gijón, Asturias
⏰ 04-06-2023🌏 Oviedo, Asturias
⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 Oviedo, Asturias
⏰ 05-06-2023🌏 Oviedo, Asturias