Update day: 29-10-2023
Category: Legal / Contracts
Industry: Farmacéutica y biotecnología
PART 1: ROLEDESCRIPTION
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To define and implement medical education strategy for assigned therapeutic areas on behalf of Janssen-Cilag Spain, allowing Healthcare Professionals to make more informed decisions for their patient care within the therapeutic and disease areas of strategic importance to the organisation.
It is not expected to be involved in the “promotion” of products within Janssen-Cilag portfolio which
hold marketing approval.
- MAIN ACTIVITIES/TASKS:
- Define and develop Medical Education strategy for defined therapeutic areas as part of the Country Value Team (CVT).
- Identify Educational needs and build Medical Education Strategy and Medical Education Plan, in close collaboration and with the approval of the Medical Education Steering Committee (MESC),
- Integrate product evidences and align with unmet medical needs in the assigned therapeutic area
- Improve the impact of scientific information on the clinical practices of healthcare professionals
- Seek for competitive advantage through analysis of the scientific evidence
- Maintain fluent communication and networking with EMEA Medical education leads, and with peers from other countries, in order to ensure alignment, influence EMEA plans, and communicate local needs.
- Identify and customize scientific statements for the target audience
- Align the Medical Education plan to the Life Cycle management of the Therapeutic Area
- Communicate the medical education plan to all involved functions. Act as a link by communicating regularly between other roles within the medical department e.g. medical information, medical affairs and medical scientific liaison to ensure strategic alignment and consistency of activities
- Implement strategy by developing educational materials in association with selected third party partners (e.g. medical education, logistics and delegate handling agencies)
- Organization andparticipation in Medical Education activities:
- Identify/support/educate speakers
- Build Medical Education programs with scientific third party
- Develop and maintain influencer databases in order to assist with provision of speakers and/or delegates for educational, promotional or advisory board purposes using appropriate systems
- Dissemination of approved educational, product and therapy area data to HCPs in face to face or meetings environment
- Develop and implement metric systemsthat monitor “quality” of educational programmes and activities to allow for continued improvement for subsequent events. Work closely with field support to administer all logistics where necessary
- Analyse and be trained on different types of formats (eg Digital)to develop the best experience of Medical Education according to HCPs needs.
- Plan, organize and/or facilitate advisory boards on behalf of the company in strategic therapeutic areas where necessary (using third parties where appropriate) in collaboration with other Medical functions.
- Establish and nurture key customer relations to broaden contact base and knowledge.
- Evaluation and management of unrestricted Educational Grants. Assure compliance with all applicable laws, policies, and guidelines; in alignment with therapeutic areas of educational interest and taking budget into consideration.
- Provide point of contact to align EMEA medical education activities. Influence the EMEA plans in provision of appropriate activities for the local operating company to ensure that the correct educational needs are being met.
- Partner with Medical Societies and other professional bodies to ensure alignment of Janssen-Cilag Spain medical education activities by gaining accreditation.
- Manageplanned expenditure to agreed budgets.
- Partner closely with Medical Scientific Liaisons and MSL manager to assure appropriate medical plan implementation. According to business needs and experience, serve as MSL team manager, setting objectives, providing leadership to deploy an effective team, and measuring success.
- Through a thorough understanding of HCC/HCBI, the Code of Practice and local regulations, monitor the content of all educational activities/materials to ensure strict compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Observes and promotes all regulatory requirements as defined in applicable regulations, rules and procedures established by the Company, including but not limited to Health Care Business Integrity and Pharmacovigilance
- Report all suspected adverse reactions, serious or non serious, I may be aware of within a maximum of 24 hours after being aware of it and communicate it to the Pharmacovigilance Department.
Additionally, for all employees involved in Research Related Activities (RRA):
- Ensure safety reporting requirements (timely AE/PQC reporting) as set out in company policies and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are met and appropriately managed when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors.
- Ensure HCC and legal requirements (Fair Market Value, Transfer of Value rules, Promotional Materials rules) are fully understood, appropriately managed and complied with when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors.
- Ensure inspection readiness with respect to personal training compliance, and availability of recent CV and individualized Job Description.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Deep scientific knowledge in the therapeutic area
- Vision and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including English speaking
- Teamwork abilities
- CME events expertise
- OTHER FEATURES OF THE JOB:
Definition of reporting lines:
- Medical Education managers can provide functional line management to MSLs including objective setting and performance review.
Accountable for (for allocated product(s)):
Execution of the Medical Education activities described in the Medical Affairs Product plan
- JOB LOCATION:
Office-based (Madrid) including national and international travelling (involves extensive Leading Specialists interactions).
PART 2: ROLE REQUIREMENTS
2.1 ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, Pharmaceutical or Nature Science university degree
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- Relevant work experience, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship
- Highly customer focused with an awareness of the importance of business results
- Innovative with the ability to coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
- Awareness of, and adherence to, Johnson & Johnson Credo values and International Health Care Business Integrity Guide
PART 3: CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
The core competencies required for this role are aligned with the J&J Leadership Imperatives (LI) competencies and with our Local Affiliate Competencies.
Spain-Community of Madrid-Madrid-
Janssen-Cilag S.A. (formerly Janssen Sp) (7300)
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 De 24.001 € a 30.000 € al año⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid