Research Scientist - Molecular Pharmacology
Location: Alcobendas Madrid
Industry: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Quantitative Biology and Biophysics Department in Lilly Research Laboratories is seeking a highly experienced in vitro pharmacologist to join our team located at Alcobendas (Madrid), Spain.
The Successful Candidate Will
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
- Provide support and expertise to drug discovery programs across different therapeutic areas, from target validation to clinical candidate selection.
- Lead project strategy and direction in collaboration with the Therapeutic Area, Chemistry and Structural Biology.
- Determine workflows for hit identification and confirmation.
- Investigate molecular mechanisms leading to pharmacological effect as well as the mode of action of compounds at cellular level.
- Design workplans for target enablement as well as flow-schemes for project progression
- Follow up clinical observations and work backward to uncover their mechanistic basis.
- Participate on multidisciplinary teams, presenting scientific data in support of research projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Ph.D. is required in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular pharmacology or related disciplines, with a strong publication record.
- Extensive knowledge in mechanistic pharmacology, biochemistry and cell biology.
- Demonstrated experience in Molecular Biology and cell engineering.
- Solid understanding of the drug discovery process.
- Strong capability to collaborate with scientist in multiple disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic. Scientific curiosity. Can do, will do attitude.
- Postdoctoral experience in biological sciences would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in the biology of multiple target classes (enzymes, GPCRs, NHRs, transcription factors …) is highly desirable.
- Experience/knowledge in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Immunology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic Diseases, and Neurosciences.
- Previous positions in biotech or pharma industry would be considered a plus.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 28-03-2023🌏 Fuenlabrada, Madrid
⏰ 27-03-2023🌏 Madrid city, Madrid
⏰ 06-04-2023🌏 Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid
⏰ 25-03-2023🌏 Getafe, Madrid
⏰ 10-04-2023🌏 Móstoles, Madrid
⏰ 05-04-2023🌏 Alcobendas, Madrid
⏰ 12-04-2023🌏 San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid
⏰ 12-04-2023🌏 Leganés, Madrid
⏰ 10-04-2023🌏 Alcalá de Henares, Madrid
⏰ 02-04-2023🌏 Getafe, Madrid