Job contentSenior Software Engineer – Claims Technology
- Work with a talented Claims Tech team within our Insurance Technology function
- Location is flexible
- Applications from part-time candidates’ welcome
We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
As an avid Software Engineer, you will provide systems analysis, design, development, maintenance & ongoing support for Suncorp’s Claims management applications. You will be an active contributor to the Agile SDLC and be familiar with DevOps/Continuous Integration and production deployment processes. The role will also include systems analysis, design, development, maintenance & ongoing support.
In the Claims Tech team, we design unique and innovative insurance product solutions and technology platforms that deliver value for our customers. Here you’ll find everything you need to thrive in a dynamic and supportive work culture where no two days are the same.
What You’ll Do
- Analyse system requirements and develop technical design
- Develop and maintain application software
- Work with testers using ATDD principles and instrument test as required
- Support initiatives that align to the strategic direction of the Claims Technology domain
- Assist with investigations into potential solutions, liaise with relevant technical experts and contribute to solution design and costing
- Utilise agile methodologies where appropriate in your work.
- Mentor other team members
- Minimum 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience supporting high availability production systems
- Demonstrated experience with Agile SDLC on projects
- Experience with React, Redux and React Router
- Extensive Java and Spring Framework, experience in Spring Boot is mandatory
- Experience in creating and maintaining Jenkins & Gradle scripts
- Proven Testing skills and ATDD or Behavioural Driven Development
- Excellent discounts on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 15-10-2022🌏 l’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
⏰ 31-10-2022🌏 Esplugues de Llobregat, Barcelona
⏰ 29-10-2022🌏 Vic, Barcelona
⏰ 27-10-2022🌏 Rubí, Barcelona
⏰ 29-10-2022🌏 l’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
⏰ 15-11-2022🌏 Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona
⏰ 17-10-2022🌏 Barcelona city, Barcelona
⏰ 27-10-2022🌏 Manresa, Barcelona
⏰ 14-10-2022🌏 Barcelona city, Barcelona
⏰ 23-10-2022🌏 Granollers, Barcelona