Category: Legal / Contracts
Solution Architect - Pricing
Location: UK (Nottingham), Spain (Madrid)
RWS Holdings plc is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
About The Role:
Under the general direction of the Senior Global Solutions Director of Life Sciences, the Solution Architect works closely with the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Technology teams and their customers to define, create, and present creative solutions. This position is responsible for mapping RWS Life Sciences’ service offerings to specific customer requirements through the development and implementation of solutions that meet client expectations for technical competency, process innovation, cost savings and quality. By analyzing customer requirements, the Solutions Architect will identify market trends and opportunities to propose and develop value-driving new solutions.
The Solution Architect is responsible for assisting with pricing management in order to assist in achieving revenue and profitability targets while serving as a resource to help address strategic pricing, process, technical, and other aspects of customer communication. The position actively participates in client meetings and contributes responses to written proposals. The Solution Architect provides training to others in Sales related topics.
- Analyze, review and maintain a centralized pricing repository.
- Formulate, interpret and implement effective pricing strategies and worksheets, comparing and evaluating applicable options and providing proactive input regarding the appropriate approach to ensure gross margin goals are met.
- Provide strategic support to Sales and Operations departments related to pricing.
- Analyze and evaluate various factors with Vendor Management to ensure that strategic and continual buy-rate monitoring is an integral part of overall pricing strategy.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and assessment of technology solutions (technology-enabled managed services) providing cost reduction and client support.
- Working with the Vice President of Operations and the sales team, identifies, evaluates and assesses pricing to be included as part of RFP responses.
- Contributes responses, analyzes and reviews RFP prior to submittal and contributes strategic guidance as appropriate for final RFP response as needed.
- Analyze, evaluate and update RFP response repository.
- Analyze, evaluate and create original RFP content coordinating review and input from appropriate team(s).
- Provide strategic solution expertise support to various teams in client-facing activities such as bid defense presentations, exhibits, and hosted events.
- Analyze, evaluate and develop opportunity-specific solution content, positioning and messaging.
- Working with Subject Matter Experts, analyze, evaluate and assist in the creation of original thought leadership content for agreed upon topics.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of a Knowledge Repository for the Life Sciences and Linguistic Validation business units.
- Identify, evaluate and assess Subject Matter Expert knowledge and related information for inclusion in Knowledge Repository, and review and update Knowledge Repository as appropriate.
- Compile and review market research including the identification, evaluation and assessment of industry trends.
- Formulate, interpret and implement market positioning of new services.
- Analyze, evaluate and create sales and solution training in collaboration with the company’s HR/training department.
- Provide solution training to the Sales team and other employees as needed.
- Provide sales training for onboarding of new Business Development Managers.
- Ability to provide clear direction in a respectful manner while meeting goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate with, train and guide employees through new requirements and process or systems changes.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to analyze key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Ability to effectively complete root cause analysis.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT tools, Office 365/Skype, Sales Force, CRM/Aurora/other production software).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company financial information as well as other sensitive information.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Possess teamwork and consensus-building skills with an ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Familiarity with and understanding of inter-departmental functions in order to most effectively manage projects and supervise staff.
- Ability to develop systems and processes from the ground up, communicate those systems outwardly, and win support from colleagues and supervisors as needed
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to work responsibilities, working with minimum supervision.
- Quality focus and attentive to detail.
- Four-year college/university degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field. Masters or MBA a plus.
- More than three years demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects within the localization or translation industry - Desirable
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of six years, including at least three years’ experience within the translation industry.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing technical documents and proposals for complex and multi-faceted projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial concepts, cost-benefit analyses and pricing strategies.
- Content, document and web publishing experience a plus.
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism and determination to never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human touch
As a company focused on connecting people through language, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed in ensuring that all employees work in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination and one that actively promotes teamwork, diversity and trust. All employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. RWS operate in a manner for the inclusion of all - any form of discrimination is expressly prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital status, gender identity or disability are taken into consideration.
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination this is against RWS company policy and we will adhere to the highest standard.
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.
Click to apply for free candidate